So, we had another ultrasound on Tuesday and found out that we are still expecting a baby boy! We were actually disappointed with this appointment. The doctor was running over an hour late so somehow this translated into a two minute ultrasound. He didn't really point anything out to us and I'm pretty sure he didn't check all the organs he is supposed to. We were lucky to have my friend do the early ultrasound 6 weeks ago. Oh well, we are having healthy baby boy as far as we know!
On another note...we are discussing names and we have some ideas but we are asking for some thoughts and opinions.
First off..our baby boy's "womb name" is Barnebus...this is what Max is constantly calling him. I'm hoping this name won't stick but it is fun to have a name before we have a final decision.
Here are some real ideas.
Choice #1 Isaac Gorden Baertlein
Choice #2 Charles (Charlie) Gorden Baertlein
That's all we got so far. The name (and spelling) Gorden has been passed down for many generations in Max's family and we want to keep that going...(it's max's middle name if you didn't know)
I've always liked the name Isaac for no apparent reason
My youngest brother, Danny, has two middle names one of which is Charles. Ever since he was named this I planned on calling him Charlie but it never stuck. He has always been my Danny monkey. I have still always loved the name.
So, if you were choosing our child's name which would it be? Isaac or Charlie? Just curious. i want to hear your vote, if you can't leave a comment send me a text.
In other news, baby boy is kicking more each day. Max started feeling it recently which made him ever so joyful! Which in turn made me excited to see how much he loves our little boy already!
Life is good!
My vote is for Isaac :) and I like this post.
ReplyDeleteI like the name Charley, when you you here that name you can't help but smile. I am assuming you have discarded Henirich, Merton, Gustav, Evert, Waldemar, and all the other Roemhildt names.
ReplyDeleteDad
i love both of those names. so cute.
ReplyDeleteI really like both choices. I love that Isaac means "Laughing one".
ReplyDeleteand Charles is German and means "strong".
James and I have talked about naming a boy Charles but I with the rate of boys vs girls and the fact that James doesn't really want to have 10 kids I don't know if we'll get to have a Charles of our own. So if you used the name Charles I would be super happy. :)
Another way we like to decide on names, is by how cute it sounds when Gwenevere says the name. So I recorded Gwenevere saying Isaac and Charlie and I'll facebook you the video so you can hear her say the names. hee hee
You two are SO great!! Thank you for telling us about your apartment :) We booked our tickets to HP and are SO excited!! cant wait for Saturday!
ReplyDeleteps i love either name!
I think I like Isaac best. What if you gave him 2 middle names like Danny? Isaac Gordan Charles :)
ReplyDeleteI like Charlie :) But I also like the idea of 2 middles names... Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteP.S. you look so cute in the picture below this post!!
-B