Some of you may have heard of Max's strong dislike of Seagulls. He even goes as far as calling them Bastards, which if you know my husband, is very strong language for his very cheerful personality. He wasn't born with this hate, it started three years ago the summer after we were married. Max was working for Clark Pest Control just as he is now. I was working there as well but just in the afternoons. We arranged our schedule so I would meet up with him in a park for his lunch break, we would eat, then we would both go out and work. One particular day I made some excellent meal, I can't remember exactly what it was but I'm sure it was good. I also made Snickerdoodles. These are Max's favorite cookies and I don't make them very often because I think they are gross. So this was an exceptional treat for him because it was so rare. We sat at a picnic table and ate our meal, when we were stuffed we went to lie in the grass under a shady tree but left our meal supplies on the picnic table. (All back in the plastic grocery bag) A bunch of seagulls were flying around and we saw one land on the table near our food, we watched nervously. That seagull put his stupid little beak in our lunch sack and pulled out a snickerdoodle from the apparently-not-sealed Ziploc bag. The seagull started flying away but didn't go too far. He landed near us, looked straight at us and startled gobbling down the cookie. Now if there is anything Max hates more than seagulls (and Max's Hate List is very VERY short) it's wasting delicious food. From that point on Max has felt that he needs to avenge his Snickerdoodle by terrorizing the seagull race. ( I won't go into those details)
Ok, so that being said here is another story. Charlie and I went to the Library. It was just going to be a quick trip to drop off a pile of books and pick up a few things on reserve but of course I have to peruse the children's book section. There on display was this book...
I will check out any book with "Max" in the title (and we have found quite a few) so we were excited about this story. The story started out pretty dull, not my favorite children's book by far, but then I got to this page.
The major conflict in this story is that Seagulls steal food from Max's lunch...really?
I later read it out loud to Max and we were laughing so hard and figured someone had written this book about our unfortunate seagull encounter. The publisher date proved that this book was created a year before our incident which shows that seagulls are no good and there are other victims too.
Moral of the story: Seagulls are stupid and this children's book was a weird coincidence.
Haha! I can't imagine Max calling a seagull that! hahahaha And that book! That is too funny!
ReplyDeleteYou made my night, this is just too funny.
ReplyDelete