Monday, January 7, 2013

Employed

I have a little side job. We decided that with Max home doing his online class, it would be possible for me to do some part-time work using my degree. I really liked this idea because the extra income would benefit us, I could still be a mom, and I really enjoy working with children and helping them in the learning process. I applied to be on a panel of tutors through a tutoring agency. I wasn't sure exactly what this would entail because it seemed to me, the elementary school children do not get tutors as often as older students. They hired me right away and shortly after sent me a client. As of now, I only have one client (it's not exactly the busy season for tutors with the holidays) I meet with her twice a week and we work on math together. I had forgotten how much I love teaching and how much I really learned in all my practicums. There haven't been many times in our marriage where I was working since we have been students for so long and in the summers it's been most beneficial for us to go to California for Max to do sales. It feels good to contribute a little bit.  

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive