Tuesday, June 10, 2014

2 months

On June 5th Miles became 2 months old. We are so grateful to be the parents of this happy little guy. He has been a huge blessing, seriously, Imagine the ideal newborn and that would be Miles. Sleeps through the night...check, Nurses....check, Observes the world around him with wonderment...check.

When he woke up he was all smiles! until I took out my real camera to get two month pictures of him. 



I was terrified of having two boys but now I couldn't have imagined a better situation. Miles is pretty low maintenance and I feel that Charlie's wild ways have been somewhat tamed so life is good! 

The stats... At Miles 2 month appointment he weighed in at 11.4 pounds and 22.5 inches tall. He is about the 26th percentile for both weight and height. I pulled up Charlie's record to compare and Charlie was in the 70th percentile for height and 50th for weight. So Miles is our little guy and I love it. Especially since he is my second baby, I realize how fast they grow so I'm excited that he is  staying smaller longer. As long as he's healthy of course! He is gaining weight how he should and we are happy to see the little guy becoming more alert. 


Miles drinks mostly breast milk whether from nursing or pumped milk. He still isn't getting enough through nursing alone so I have to pump about 2 times per day which is way better than the pumping I had to do with Charlie. Miles has been introduced to formula but luckily he hasn't needed too much of it. 
Miles loves to be held in a way that he faces whoever is holding him. He is full of smiles when you try and communicate with him and the dimples are too perfect!

Miles' least favorite thing is getting his boogers sucked out of his nose and having shirts pulled over his head. 

He is the most smiley in the morning when he first wakes up even if he is incredibly hungry. It makes getting up super early to feed him worth it. His sleep habits for the last couple of weeks have been consistently going to sleep between 9 and 10pm and waking up sometime between 5 and 6. I feed him then he sleeps for another couple of hours. I love the 7-8 hour stretches of sleep and I'm counting my blessing while it happens because I'm sure it wont last. 

Miles' eyes started out the same gray color that Charlie's were but over the last week it looks like they are becoming lighter. He just may be a green eyed boy like his daddy  



Another fun fact...Miles has a cinnabon belly button.

Charlie is still being an excellent big brother, he looks for Miles first thing in the morning and likes to hold him and kiss him but still isn't too overbearing. He hasn't acted too jealous although in the last week, Charlie has been extra cuddly, especially when he senses that Miles is going to need me soon. If that's the only way he's acting out, I'll take it. He has never been much of a cuddler so I'l take what I can get. 


Later that day, on Miles 2 Month (birthday? anniversary?), we went to a BBQ at uncle Jays house to celebrate Justin's high school graduation. We are so proud of Justin and the positive direction he has taken in his life. That being said here are some pictures of the BBQ
Miles with Jenna

Charlie got a hockey lesson from his daddy
Miles had a blowout on Jenna which I thought was super funny but Jenna was very concerned that it would infect her belly button that she just got pierced that day before...hehe, I sill think it's funny but hope she's okay!


We also played in the park for a little while
\

Then these sweet brothers had a moment in the hammock, They were pretty cute until Charlie tried to push Miles off and say "I'm done!"
 





Miles got to be held by his great grandmother Mum-z she loved it even though she couldn't remember who we are.

And it's always a blast to play with cousin Jordan!
And before leaving we remembered to take a picture with the graduate. We really are super proud and wish you the best.

Yes, I know this blog post lost focus...but hey..what's new?

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive