Thursday, October 16, 2014

Flying Max!

For the last couple years  Max has talked about wanting to skydive. A couple weeks before Max's birthday, his brother, Brent, asked him if he wanted to go skydiving. We had just set a strict budget to start saving more for our future home so Max said it probably wasn't a good time, then Brent offered to pay for Max as a birthday gift. What an awesome brother! They got a group discount because 2 of Brent's coworkers and Max's brother Justin and a friend decided to go too. 

On the day of skydiving they had to do a bit of training, I met up with them when the training was done and they were sitting outside, waiting for the wind to die down, it turned out that they weren't able to go because of too much wind. So they had to reschedule. The rescheduled date was super rainy so they didn't even bother going in. Then, one day, Brent happened to be in town. and the weather was perfect. The whole group wasn't able to go but Brent, Max, and Brent's coworker, Sam were able to go. We were excited to meet up with them.




They were able to get ready to go in the plane shorty after we got there. I was happy that Miles was happy sitting on a blanket in the grass...then I was able to chase Charlie and take lots of pictures.

From the moment Charlie saw the airplane up close, he was completely enthralled and sat still through the whole ordeal.




The plane went high enough that we lost them for a little bit but then we found it and eventually saw some colorful parachutes appear. Max's parachute was purple. (He was able to tell me this before he went so I knew what to look for)

Brent had the yellow parachute and Sam had the green one.

Max was spinning in circles .









 Max loved the experience. As he was free falling he was able to control where he turned by moving his hands. He said the free falling wasn't too scary as it didn't really look like the ground was coming up at him. I still don't have much desire to try this. I don't think I could jump out of the plane. Hooray for Max!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I don't think i could pass up a free skydiving experience, but i don't think i'd ever have the desire to pay for it either. Way to go Max!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive