I'm really behind on my blog posts, part of that is probably because I've been awful at taking pictures. I think that may be because I'm trying more to live in the moment but it is even more likely that it is a result of having a baby that likes to crawl and climb everywhere. So, this post is to briefly describe Max's hunting trip that I wasn't even present for.
It turned out that Max and Brent got permits to hunt Elk on their Uncle Jay's property. Elk season is only 8 days long and right in the middle of those eight days was Charlie's birthday. Max planned on being gone for about 5 days then come back with Brent hopefully with an Elk in tow. After those 5 days they hadn't seen an Elk but heard that they should be migrating towards Jay's property in the next couple of days.
Oh yeah...and it was below freezing and Max slept in a tent cot in the barn and woke up to ice crystals surrounding him. CRAZY!
The freezing tent cot!
One of the perks about hunting is the amazing Sunrises!
At some point they were able to go to a neighboring property to help some hunters with their catch.
So what was planned to be 5 days turned into 9. And still no sighting of an Elk on Jay's property. Max was cold and ready to be home but he also has that amazing determined quality to finish what he starts so he held out until the end of the season. He learned a lot about hunting which I think is a valuable skill Also, next year Jay should have his house mostly built on his property so we will be able to go out there as a family and the boys and I can stay in the warm house. We are excited for that! But boy oh boy, I love it when Max gets home!






nine days! I would DIE. But that photo of the sun coming from behind that tree is AMAZING. For reals.
ReplyDelete