
And sometimes they are cute and smile at me!
And this time the forest had Mud Puddles. I think that was the highlight of this trip for the boys.
Charlie was coveting Miles' large stick...
...so he went and picked up a big log! Boys!
cool moss jungle right?Exploring!
I love my rough and tough (and sometimes gentle) boys!
Miles' binoculars
There is occasion when they both decide to run in different directions...
And then I decided to let loose and just allow them to splash in the mud puddle...and they loved it. So many squeals of delight going on!
(Sidenote: Look how beautifully Charlie's eye is healing!!!)
They were some happy boys. Although, once we left the mud puddle, Miles realized he was tired and cold and hungry so he made me carry his muddy self and screamed the whole way to the car, and most of the way home. We made everything right with a baby-wipe bath in the car and hot cocoa with lunch when we got home.
In the meantime, I still have a pile of muddy clothes I need to get out of the car. But yes, it was worth it!

























I laughed about the ending of this. So classic! All the fun and then.... carry me home while I cry about it. Also made me laugh how you like to see the seasons change in your forest- from green, to more green, to greener, to most green? I just don't understand as I stare out my window and see a frozen snowed over ..... (I'm thinking swear words here but I'll just say:) Tundra....
ReplyDelete