We did this run with our friends Richard, Marissa, and Joe and our family (also friends, haha) Brent, Mitch, and Justin.
It was such a fun outing without kids, the weather was perfect and we were getting exercise.
This is us..before we got all muddy!
After running through the first set of mud puddles I realized we were
going to have to run the rest of the race with mud and rocks in our
shoes, I guess that's the kind of thing that people think is fun.There were different obstacles like climbing over shipping containers, going over a large tire pile, going up and over bleachers, going over dirt mounds and through mud puddles, going under netting through a mud puddle and lots more mud puddles. There was one obstacle where we had to crawl through a long tube and come out in a mud puddle, I almost opted out of it because it gave me a little anxiety just thinking about going through the tube. I decided to try it and I was pleased that I could fully crawl through it (instead of Army crawling) Max met me at the end and offered my his hand like a gentlemen, somehow I just flopped out into the mud landing on my knees. There must have been a large rock or something really hard that my knee hit because it hurt so bad when I landed. My knee ended up throbbing and bleeding all down my leg, so then I of course, worried about all the diseases that could be in the water. Luckily we were somewhat near the end of the race.
Lisa was at the final mud puddle.

With the gash on my knee and blood dripping down my leg, I opted out of going through the last mud puddle.

And as I walked off the course, I was booed...What the heck? It kind of made me mad.
Thank you Marissa for giving them the stink eye. Also, see all the blood...

I stood with Lisa and watched everyone getting all muddy, I really didn't feel like I was missing much. These photos aren't really in order but there you go...
And Max and Richard are down....


And that's my classy husband, throwing a mud clump at Marissa...haha!

So they finally got out of the mud pit and did the final monkey bars and I crossed the finish line with them. 
Max went to talk to the paramedic about fixing my knee, while they were cleaning me up, Max and Richard ran back to find Joe, Brent, Mitch, and Justin.
There was more wrestling and Max and Richard tried to pull Joe down into the mud. And then there were also some group photos.
And there you have it. We rinsed off as much as we could before heading home. It was a fun event that I don't think I will ever do again, and Max is already signed up for a Spartan Race which is a much longer and more intense version of this one.
And here is Lisa, the amazing photographer, in all her 9 month pregnant glory, and we are so glad baby Emmett is here now!






























I can't believe they booed you. lol so dumb! This looks... kind of fun? ;)
ReplyDelete