Friday, February 28, 2014

Red Grandma

This last weekend we were able to celebrate my Grandma Wilcox's 81st birthday! It is always exciting to celebrate because she is a pretty wonderful grandma. It was requested that I take some pictures since James and Elizabeth's family wouldn't be able to make it down. I can't say I did that great on the picture taking...but I will try to document the event here so you guys can still get a feel for the excitement you missed. We first met at Izzy's buffet. Our family was the last to arrive so we were pretty impressed with how many of Grandma's posterity were there. We were all filling up nearly 4 tables. Let's just break down this posterity for a minute. (The main purpose of our family blog is to keep a record and document our family stories so this seems the appropriate place to do that.)

Dale and Nancy Wilcox (my grandparents)
6 children (5 were present, 1 passed away nearly two years ago)
19 Grandchildren (11 were present) and a whole bunch of spouses!
14 (almost 15!)  great grandchildren   6 were present!

That is a basic rundown but it definitely seemed like a great turnout                         

                           


Like I said, I really didn't do that great with the picture taking but here are a couple!



Kaden-Great Grandchild, 1.5 years

Aaron-Grandchild, 3.5 years

Timmy Grandchild, 5 years


Cheesy Charlie-great grandson, 2.5 years
Max-Grandson-in-law

And of course, a couple pictures of my boys!





We ate a whole lot of food then the plan was to go spend the evening at my grandma's house for games. As everyone was leaving, Max and I took a quick trip to Old Navy to get Max some jeans, he was in need and we didn't know when we would have time later...our Old Navy trip was a success then we headed over to Grandma's. Max and I got to play phase ten which was pretty exciting because usually one of us is following Charlie around seeing what he's getting into. We spent time visiting with family and eating birthday cake. It was a great way to spend time as a family and celebrate an amazing woman!

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive