Friday, March 21, 2014

38 weeks

On Sunday we decided to take some 38 week photos of this massive baby gut I have. You may remember This Photo Shoot from 2.5 years ago. 

We didn't have anyone to help with the photos so Max took some, I hope to have someone take some of us together in the next couple of days. We took a whole bunch of photos but I was appalled by how huge my rump looked in this dress so this is the only one I will put up for now. Haha!


My body is getting tired and slowing down. I feel huge and baby brother feels cramped. Part of me wants this baby out now but the other part of me enjoys the sleep I'm mostly getting now. As tired and achy as I am now, I can't really say I'm in pain. My back still feels strong, I have aches in the pelvis. Last time around I remember getting pain in my hips and shoulders from sleeping on my side but that hasn't happened this pregnancy. Our new bed is just way more comfortable. Probably one of the most annoying symptoms is losing circulation in my arms and hands when I sleep. I wake up from it and sometimes it takes awhile to get feeling back into them. At my 37.5 week appointment I was dilated to a 3 and 50-70% effaced. I was at a 3 with Charlie for nearly a month so that isn't too exciting but I wasn't this effaced so MAYBE this little guy will not be as late as his big brother. At my appointment today (38.5 weeks) I was still at a 3 and 50-70% effaced so not much progress in the last week. I feel like baby boy is getting lower and my heartburn has decreased so that's another good sign. I'm somewhat hoping that he comes in the next week because my mom is home for Spring Break and that will be perfect for Charlie to stay with her. I'm sure he will arrive right when he is supposed to and luckily we have wonderful friends here that are willing to help with Charlie. (I seriously get more worried about Charlie's accommodations than going through labor and delivery again) 
I guess that's all. Our little boy will be here before we know it!


2 comments:

  1. You're gorgeous, don't be silly. I set up a sheet in front of me with a light behind me to get silhouette pics when I was preggo with August. They were not flattering then, to me, but now I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking good! Any day now- I'm so excited/nervous for you! I hope you don't wait as long to call me as I did with you ;) I'll be dying to know details. You know what? I'm totally calling you while you're in the hospital still ;) consider it as if I was there visiting you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive