Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Documenting

I've never been very consistent at journaling and the random journals I have done are really awkward...just ask the two living people that have read them (Max and Anna) On second thought, don't ask them. Yikes! Anyway, In the LDS church there is a strong focus on family ties and part of that is documenting your life events so that future generations can learn about their ancestors (and for many other reasons) In a Sunday school lesson a long time ago we were learning about keeping a journal and someone had mentioned that a main reason they keep a record is to make sure that they live a life worth recording. I loved that. Make your life worth documenting and interesting enough that people will actually WANT to read about you. I guess that is what keeps me writing on our family blog. I love that we have our story written here at least from the time we got married. I like that our pictures and stories are all together and we will eventually get our blog printed in a book. And hopefully our future children and grandchildren will enjoy reading about the lives that we have tried to make noteworthy.

That is not what I meant this post to be about...I wanted to show off our photo books, which is somewhat related.

Shortly after Max and I got married, My amazing sister in law Elizabeth put together a wedding photo book for us. It was one of the most amazing gifts we have ever received. That made me want to continue to create an annual photo book or family yearbook. And that is just what we have done. We now have a collection of 6 photo books, one for our wedding and another for each year we have been married. There have been many occasions where Max or I are trying to convince the other to do something exciting or new and we use the argument...think of the pictures we can put in our photo book. (Speaking of making your life noteworthy) You can read about paintballing here, Max used the photobook argument for that and somehow convinced me. Sadly, I don't think I added any paintball pictures to our photo book because it was so traumatizing. Anyway, this post is getting really random.

Here are our family photo books










And our amazing wooden sign came in the mail! 

And that is a little bit about our attempt at keeping a family record. 

2 comments:

  1. oh how I love this tradition. Your books are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many photos and get too overwhelmed at picking which ones I would print and now we have no photo books. I gotta get my blog printed, even though it's gonna be a million dollars with all those photos (and over 600 posts now!!) I love the cover photos you choose, they give the perfect timeline. Plus two of them are photos that I took ;) And p.s. I LOVED reading your old journals ;) haha what was that boys name you had a crush on? *wink

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive