Friday, August 21, 2015

Silver Falls

We had a ward camp out that went back to back with us leaving for our family rafting trip but we couldn't say no because it was at Silver Falls and we've been wanting to go there together for years and we hadn't made it happen yet. Friday was a stressful day of packing for our camp out, our rafting trip and for Miles' week with grandma. Also I had to make sure our rafting food was dropped off at Uncle jay's house. I questioned the idea of back to back camping trips many times as I attempted to pack! Anyway, in retrospect, we are glad we went. Friday Max came home from work, and we threw everything in the car then dropped off our rafting rood at Jay's house. We then headed down to Silver Falls State Park.  We got there just before the sun set so we rapidly set up our tent and Max reviewed some info for the spiritual thought he was about to share. It was a little frantic but it was fun to eventually go sit by the fire and enjoy the devotional, campfire, and s'mores 

After we got our kids to sleep, we enjoyed some campfire time with other adults and good friends. It's crazy how much you  crave interaction with other families when it is so rare since we all have kids that have bed times. We ended up staying up until 2am, which was pretty crazy considering our busy day ahead. We woke up to the sunlight coming through this beautiful forest.




 I must have an obsession with forests because I couldn't handle how beautiful it was and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get a picture that seemed to do it much justice. Anyway...I made Miles go with me to try and take some forest photos.











We had an amazing breakfast cooked by the men.



The dirt was a big hit for the boys...

 ...and Cora!


and this happened a lot...

 Are these trees not impressive?
So, we've been wanting to go to Silver Falls since you can go on some hikes and see tons of waterfalls. We were exhausted and knew there was tons to do at home but we knew we needed to see at least one waterfall. So we found a loop that would lead us there.





 Roots hanging over the cliff

This was Charlie's face when he saw the waterfall!

 Since it has been so warm the water was more of a trickle but it was still pretty impressive.


We sat behind the waterfall and had some snack time. 



Sleepy baby!

After our little hike we drove home. Charlie slept the whole way. We were so tired when we got home and felt like there was no way to be productive so we turned on a show for Charlie while Miles Max and I slept. It was worth it as I then had to finish packing Miles up and drive him all the way up to Longview to drop him off with my mom. We then came back, put Charlie to bed and worked really hard getting all packed for rafting. 

2 comments:

  1. wow, I know you you feel. I've had that feeling several times this summer, but the memories are so worth it. It's good to have family nap time. We've done that a time or two too. Also I love the picture of Miles on the log in the set of four it's the bottom right hand corner. I love Silver Falls, it's my paradise way from paradise. maybe someday we'll get to go camping there with you. Hey if you want maybe we could go camping the weekend before Max's birthday. Just an idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you guys are freaking CRAZY. But looks worth it. ;) Because YES- THOSE TREES. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive